Our offices are open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Patients are seen by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling our office at (804) 320-2483 or by scheduling an appointment online through our secure patient portal. In order to schedule a time that is most convenient for you, we suggest that you call or schedule online several weeks before you are due for your annual exam. If you have a problem or an emergency, we will schedule an appointment with one of our physicians as soon as possible. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify us immediately so we may reschedule your visit.
If you are a new patient, we suggest you register online through our secure patient portal. If you are unable to register online, we suggest you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time so you can complete a patient information form and sign an authorization for release of medical information, as well as provide insurance information. Additionally, you may be asked to complete a medical information form. Our practice is HIPAA compliant and all information is strictly confidential.
At the time of the visit, patients will be given a phone number to call for pap results. Normal mammogram results are communicated to both the physician and the patient by the hospital. If there is an abnormal result for your pap smear or mammogram, you will be contacted in order to arrange your physician’s follow-up plan.
Prescription and Refills
We are pleased to offer our patients the convenience of Electronic Prescription Refills (ERx). To refill your prescription by ERx, simply contact your pharmicist and they will take care of submitting an electronic request to our office for approval. Please allow 24 hours for the request to be approved.
Our office number is (804) 320-2483. Our telephone policies are structured to allow the physician to care for the patients in the office with a minimum of interruptions. A staff of triage nurses is available to answer your questions and relay information to our physician, as appropriate. Emergency calls will be handled immediately, while less urgent calls will be returned as soon as possible.
One of our physicians is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in order to handle emergencies. If you have an emergency after hours or on the weekend, please call our office at (804) 320-2483, and the answering service will page our physician on call. Non-emergencies such as routine prescription refills or appoint- ments will be handled during regular office hours.
Office and Insurance Information
Our physicians and employees are dedicated to providing you with friendly, efficient and professional medical care. If you have a question or suggestion for improvement, please take a minute to write or call us. We value your feedback and enjoy hearing from you.
Write or call:
Julia Batson, MHA, Administrator Richmond OB-Gyn Associates 1 Park West Circle, Suite 202, Midlothian, VA 23114, (804) 320-2483
Insurance Claims and Payment for Services
Richmond OB-Gyn participates in traditional and managed care insurance plans. Some plans require you to obtain authorization before your office visit. Since this differs by plan, please check with your insurance company before your appointment to ensure you receive complete benefits from your coverage.
Many plans require you to make a co-payment at the time of your visit. Please arrive with your insurance card and co-pay at the time of your visit. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover at our offices. You can make a payment online through our secure patient portal.
The insurance plans we accept are listed below. To find out if a particular physician or clinician participates with your plan, please contact our office or your insurance company.
Insurance Accepted by Richmond OB-Gyn
- AETNA Healthcare (HMO, EC, QPOS, MC, USAccess, OC, TC. We do not participate with Aetna’s Golden Medicare Plan.)
- AETNA Medicare Open Plan (PFFS, this replaces the patient’s government Medicare part A&B.)
- ALLIANCE PPO (See also, One Net, below.)
- ANTHEM BCBS OF VIRGINIA (PPO, Anthem/BCBS carriers file all claims to local Blue Cross.)
- ANTHEM HEALTHKEEPERS (HMO, POS, carriers file all claims to local Blue Cross.)
- ANTHEM HEALTHKEEPERS PLUS (Medicaid product through Anthem.)
- ANTHEM Medicare Smart Value Plus (Replaces the patient’s government Medicare part A&B.)
- ANTHEM Medicare Advantage PPO (Non par, but we can see as an out of network provider. This replaces the patient’s government Medicare part A&B.)
- CARENET (Medicaid product through Southern Health Henrico Doctors’ Hospital & ALL Bon Secours hospitals.)
- CIGNA (Managed Care, Open Access Plus, PPO.)
- FIRST HEALTH (Network.) Great West Healthcare (Formerly known as One Health Plan. Henrico Doctors’ Hospital & ALL Bon Secours hospitals.)
- MAMSI (Alliance PPO, Optimum Choice, MAMSI Life & Health.)
- MEDICAID MEDICARE MULTIPLAN ONE NET PPO (Formerly Alliance, Mamsi.)
- MEDICARE & RAILROAD MEDICARE
- OPTIMA FAMILY CARE (Medicaid product, formerly Sentara. Memorial Regional Medical Center & St. Mary’s Hospital Par only.)
- OPTIMA HEALTH (Commercial. Memorial Regional Medical Center & St. Mary’s Hospital Par only.)
- PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS (PHCS, network PPO ONLY. We do not participate with the POS or EPO Plans.)
- SOUTHERN HEALTH
- TRICARE/CHAMPUS (TRICARE STANDARD ONLY. We do not participate with TRICARE PRIME or TRICARE EXTRA.)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE (Choice, Choice Plus, POS, PPO.)
- VIRGINIA HEALTH NETWORK (VHN, network.)
- VIRGINIA MEDICAID
- VIRGINIA PREMIER (Medicaid and Medicare product.)